Thursday, November 1, 2012

Eating Right For Dry Folks?

I've been focusing on diet of late. I know that many people with Ichthyosis take retinoids, something that I'm still considering. This medication, a strong dose of vitamin A, as I understand it, has benefits, but may have side effects that could outweigh the benefits if not taken under the guidance and observation of a medical professional. I find some appeal in the idea of homeopathic treatment, and of good general nutrition and exercise in helping with my condition. I have recently increased my intake of vitamins a & e, and along with other dietary enhancements, find that my skin feels softer lately. Hopefully there is more to this that I can discover, but I like that going into winter, I'm feeling as well as I do. If you have a form of Ichthyosis, aside from medication, what do you ingest to help your condition?

No comments:

Post a Comment